2014-11-19

Finally - something new!


It took me a while, but I finally - finally took a seat on the creative chair. I guess coming back to work and dealing with a cold takes the most of the energy. Most of my afternoons have been spent in bed sleeping, or trying to deal with some practical things I couldn't last week. Tomorrow I am finally (that word again) going to sort out some moving in details with the landlord-ish/janitor person. Not sure what to call him in English. It is also time for my little one - Arthur darling to get into the cat information files (not sure what to call that either. Important stuff though). Speaking of Arthur - he was trying and succeeding to get on my nerves while painting (and eating dinner for that matter), but my angry face most have worked on him. This time there was no painting incidents.

For a long time now I have seen creative people working on Christmas inspired pieces, and I want to join in as the Christmas loving person I am! This artpad work in progress is a result of that. I am blending the colors by using fingerpainting - loong time ago I have used this move. There is something very nice about using my fingers for painting and mixing colors while drinking a glass of red wine. It makes it less childish - which reminds me that I have warned my boyfriend that I might just drink a bottle of red wine on New Year's instead of getting drunk on vodka and what not. I just don't feel like going crazy. Growing up much?! The idea of spending a cozy evening with my parents almost soothed me more. Getting older is a funny thing.  

6 kommentarer:

  1. A fabulous flow of colour and a most interesting read Ditte. Getting older is a funny thing. It comes upon one so quickly. Have fun, enjoy.
    Laine
    xxx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Laine, I will remember that! :)

      Slet
  2. Paint is so tactile and I can understand your enjoyment. It's interesting that you were drinking red wine while using green paint. Very traditional Christmas colours.
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog x

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Haha yes I see your point :) You are very welcome Andree!

      Slet
  3. I have never tried finger painting as I think I would get too messy with it, glad you enjoy it though.
    Thanks for your visit to my blog - appreciated xx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Fingerpainting is indeed very messy Kate, but it mixes the colors in a very unique kind of way that a brush can't, that is why I love it :) You are very welcome Kate :)

      Slet

Thank you for your feedback - it is greatly appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...